Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014
 
Dear familia!

Tudo Ben?! Oi! I'm learning so much Portuguese! :) haha (or maybe I just asked my companion how to say hello.) :) Speaking of my companion. She received the test results this week and found out that 0% of her gall bladder is working which means she will be having surgery this week or the next. I'm not sure what they will have me do while she is recovering, but I'm sure it will be an adventure! Whenever we want a good laugh, we look at each other and say "0%". haha We were a bit surprised, but she has been a trooper through it all and can't wait to be better. We have been eating beyond healthy, because she can't eat any fat! I kept on feeling bad eating in front of her, so I have been eating healthy too! It is actually an answer to a prayer.

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! I know I did! I'm going to skip ahead in my letter to tell you all about Sunday. Wow! It was a good day! First of all, thank you again mom for that cute package! I loved it! We were a bit worried that Sister Larrabee wouldn't make it to church because her stomach was killing her, but little by little, she was able to feel better enough to go. We headed out the door and went to correlation where Brother Cotrell had brought us fresh fruit and a quiche! It was so yummy! We then went to church where Frankie came! She is truly the funniest woman ever! She calls us her daughters and when she leaned over in church and said she would be sad when we left, I said, "No worries, I'll come back to visit!" She took that as me promising to come back! She is now telling everyone that I will be back to visit her and that I promised! haha Guess I'll have to do that! haha No pressure there!

We had a fantastic Sacrament meeting, Sunday school, and Relief Society. It was a wonderful couple of hours. Lisa and Angela were both there which always makes me happy to see them continue to progress in the gospel, and the spirit was so strong!

After church, the elders had a baptism scheduled of a man named Charles. We were able to go and it was a special event. How appropriate on Easter! Mandy wasn't able to come, but I know someday she will get baptized. After the baptism, the Cotrells had invited Frankie to their home for Easter dinner along with us and they made us a feast! Holy cow! (Sister Larrabee wasn't able to eat any of it, but she doesn't cause a fuss. The Cotrells are very nice though, they got her salad, carrots, green beans, and a bunch of other food that she would be able to eat. They also got us Peeps and little "Thank you" cards for Easter. Another lady in the ward also gave us both a huge chocolate bunny (which we gave to someone who could eat it). This ward is wonderful! I love them!

We then ended the night by seeing Lisa and we did a little Easter lesson with her and it ended up being a great Easter. P.S. Frankie is planning on getting baptized on Mother's Day! I might not be here for the baptism, but she picked the date and at church announced it to everyone! Woohoo! She has already told her family and wants it! I love her! She's given up coffee because she knows this is what she wants to do. So cool! We've only taught her twice, but she is doing this all on her own!

So for the rest of the week, we've had to stay indoors quite a bit. Sister Larrabee gets fatigued and weak quickly and so we do as much as we can. Heavenly Father has definitely been blessing us this week though. We got a text on Thursday from one of the members in the ward that said, "Hey sisters, my sister-in-law is ready to take the lessons, can we meet tomorrow?" (Just so you know, if you ever text this to a missionary, they are going to be dancing on the other end.) Well, we of course met with her and her sister-in-law is amazing! She is beyond prepared for the gospel and when we invited her to be baptized, she said, "Absolutely!" Wow! It was a special experience for her and for the member involved. So neat! We will be teaching her again tomorrow and we are pumped! It has just been so neat to see that even though we've only been able to go out a few days this week, we've had a fantastic week and the elders told us that we are doing better than most of the mission! Even though that doesn't matter, it has helped us feel peace that everything will be okay even during times of sickness. The Lord is truly blessing us.

The elders even came home and helped out area on Saturday. We weren't able to go out at all except to our dinner appointment on Saturday so we gave them a street to tract and they got us 4 return appointments. So exciting! We are hoping this week is going to be crammed full with goodness! :)

We went on an exchange with the Teays Valley sisters and oddly enough, I got to be back with Sister Kitto! It was like old times! So much fun! We went to work and Sister Kitto said she needed this. We both did! It was fun to be with her again, but it also helped me see how much this area has continued to grow with Sister Larrabee being here. I love being a missionary!

I know that in a couple of weeks, I'll most likely be transferred. We found out that Sister Larrabee's visa has not come in, so she will most likely stay. When I realized that I would probably be leaving, it was a bit of a sad thing! I have grown to love this area, the people, and the ward! Luckily, I still have time and I can't wait for the great things that will be happening during the next couple of weeks! The weather is warm, the people are out, and even though there is a lot of bad in the world, there is a lot of good in West Virginia! The work is being hastened everywhere! It is so neat to be a part of it right now!

Well, we'd better be off, but I hope you all have the most beautiful week! Remember the truthfulness of the gospel! This is the one and only true church on the Earth! The Book of Mormon is true! We are being led by a man called of God! I know my Savior lives! Exclamation point! :)

Keep up the good work and share the gospel with everyone! They all want the truth and the fullness of the gospel, they just don't know it yet. ;)

Love ya,
Sister Herring

Picture 1 - Beautiful tree outside the Dr.'s office
Picture 2 - Reunited at last!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment