Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014
Beautiful family!

Now I can express what I was trying to say through the tears yesterday. :) I'm so sorry my emotion got the better of me! I was so overcome by seeing how much the gospel has blessed my family and my life as I looked into each of your faces. You truly glow with the light of Christ. I've seen so many broken families and lives on this mission that as I looked at each of you and felt the love we share, it hit me how blessed we are to have the gospel! After we skyped, Sister Snow and I went with Sister Cotrell to teach a woman named Sarah and her two daughters. There was no peace in the home and once again the smell of smoke hung in the air. I'm so grateful that even though there were small moments growing up when we might have had small disagreements, that through those moments there was still peace in our home. We still knew we were loved and that we had someone to turn to, to help us feel happy. We knew of an eternal plan where we would live with our family forever! We have a goal that we are working towards, together! And after seeing each of you yesterday, I want that! :) We are a funny family! We are happy, loving, supportive, protective, and forgiving. I'm so grateful for each and every one of you! Phew! That was what I was trying to say! haha I hope you know how lucky we are to have such an awesome family! It is rare, but possible through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Let us all continue to work towards an eternal family. That means every person matters! We don't want one empty chair at our table. :)

This week has been interesting! We had transfers on Wednesday where I was able to get Sister Snow! Holy cow we are the same person! We have the same sense of humor, we both want to be obedient, and we want to work hard! We laugh, we work, and we get to be missionaries all day! Yippee!! I've had a few nightmares where I'm home and someone tries to take my missionary badge off. Every time I wake up, I'm so grateful I'm still on the mission! haha I know there will come a time when this is a reality, but I'm definitely not ready yet and neither is Sister Snow. We've begun waking up at 5:30 to go running and to begin our studies. Neither of us has had a companion that we could do this with in the past and so we are bit giddy. It is going to be a great transfer!

We had to drop a few people this week which was kind of a bummer, and other ones are not progressing so we will have to drop them this week, but there is faith that is shown through dropping. We have faith that Heavenly Father will place prepared people in our paths and we are showing that we value this missionary time. We want to use each moment in the best way possible and we are ready to do so!

I'm so excited for Frances Williams baptism this weekend. She is so cute and extremely ready! Please pray that she will be able to make her date. She will be a lively addition to this ward. :)

Sorry I chastised you for not sending pictures. I love getting any pictures through the email or hard copies. I know each of you have lives and are busy, so no worries! As long as I get to see some when I get home. :)

This coming week we have great plans for work! We get to teach a relief society meeting tomorrow night with the elders about missionary work, that should be fun!

Well, I'm off to work, but I love each of you! I'm so excited for all the things each of you are doing. Good luck Chandon in D.C.! You will love it! My advice once again is to be obedient, love the people, listen to your mission president, and work hard! Oh and have fun doing it! Missions are the hardest but the best thing on this earth!

I hope you know that I have a testimony of this gospel. I know that we have a prophet on this earth today who speaks and acts for our Heavenly Father. I know this is the restored church. I know the Book of Mormon is true and was translated by the power of God. I know that the priesthood is the power of God on earth, and the blessings of the priesthood, though carried by men, are available for everyone. Each person has a purpose and is valued by a loving Heavenly Father. Our Savior suffered and died for each of us so that we might overcome sin, trials, temptations, and death! Alma 7:11-13. I know my Savior lives!

Have the most wonderful week ever! Keep on being amazing.

Until next week! Happy Birthday Dallin, Trace, and Oliver! ;)

Love,
Sister Herring
Picture 1 - Sister Snow and I!

Picture 2 - My companions were leaving me!

Picture 3 - Elder Stout pose! (Don't ask me why I decided to where a long sleeve black shirt in 100% humidity) :)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment