Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hey you good-looking people!

Well, I guess this is my last email from the mission...When did that happen?! I swear I was just in the MTC. But then as I reflect over the last few months, it makes me realize that I have been gone for a wee bit of time! Wow! What a wonderful time it has been! West Virginia is truly Wild and Wonderful! :) I can't wait to tell you all the stories, testimonies, and experiences that have shaped my life. I'm so grateful for each trial, challenge, and growing experience. I know this gospel is true more now than ever! And I plan to continue to strengthen that testimony each day! I love this gospel. I love this work. I love the people in this mission and many in Arizona! :) That is the only thing making this transition easier, because I get to see each of you!!! I wish I could bring each of you back with me and just continue working, but I know that is not realistic, so I'm going to bring the missionary work with me! It is going to be wonderful!

I know I'll be seeing you in like 2 days, but I still am going to give a re-cap of this last week and a half. :) 

Monday after emailing we went and had a Turkey Bowl with the zone and I even scored a touchdown! Woohoo! My companion though took a bad fall when her knee moved the wrong direction. We were thinking it was her ACL so we went to the hospital and they diagnosed it as a knee sprain. She is a trooper! 

On Tuesday I went to my last MLC and it was wonderful! The assistants had me play the piano for old times sake. :) haha They called it the Sister Herring show because I also had to bare my testimony last. It was so strange to be the one giving the departing testimony. I actually did okay controlling my emotions too! Heavenly Father has helped with that. I don't know if you've heard about "He is the Gift" but if you haven't you need to watch the video and share it! It softens hearts and brings the spirit to each person! 

Wednesday we drove to Lynchburg for a zone meeting there. We were able to teach a few portions and it turned out great! Oh P.S. It was a blizzard on the way there. We walked out of our apartment and were so confused to see huge flakes of snow. Luckily I've become an excellent driver while serving in this mission and it was fine! haha We then drove back and went to work! 

Thursday was Thanksgiving. We woke up and went to help at a Turkey Trot, passing out hot chocolate and pass-along cards. :) It was cold but fun! We then went to breakfast at Sister Christy's house. Next we went and had snacks at the Hughes home and that was a blast! They are my family away from my family. I love them! We then drove with Sister Pam Parks to the Pearts mansion for Thanksgiving dinner. Their home is 4 stories and gorgeous! Brother Peart says that "X-box built it." haha He was the head engineer for X-Box I. Whatever that is haha I guess it came out while I was on the mission. It was neat though because with all the food we showed the "He is the Gift" video to each family and each time the spirit entered the room and there was peace! Tons of children and peace! It was amazing! :) I love the video and hope each of you love it as much as I do! Wow! 

Friday we had another zone meeting with the Buena Vista zone and once again we taught a small portion and it was fun to learn the information again! I love being able to serve missionaries and investigators. After the meeting we went to work!

Saturday we went and did some service at Ladles and Linens. It is a cute Christmas store and we were to wrap presents for charity, but then nobody showed up, so we ended up just having a good conversation with the people who worked there. We then met the Rockbridge sisters at Kenney's and did a mini-exchange. I went to work with Sister Nielsen (who is coming home with me). Both of our companions are injured so we let them rest and we went to work. We went and decorated a Christmas tree for one woman and then went and visited people throughout the day! It was a blast! 

Sunday, Bishop cried over the pulpit about me leaving...it was a bit embarrassing. But I will miss this ward! They are wonderful! Oh and a poor baby threw up all over the place during the combined meeting which was hilarious! But so sad! :) The Reynolds fed us lunch and it was so nice of them! We then went and worked a bit.

Monday: We had a final district meeting then went to lunch with the elders at this Mexican restaurant. The rest of the day was saying goodbyes and teaching lessons.

Tuesday: We were able to see the Campbells, and Randy gave us our Christmas presents. He is such a funny man! Oh and I told him I would call him when I made it safely. He is worried. haha He and Brother Bria both cried when talking about leaving. They are so cute! I again love this area and will miss it!

Sorry this is kind of brief, my companion is needing the computer and I figure, I'll be seeing you soon!

Remember that I love you so much! I have a firm testimony that this gospel is true. I love it! And I can't wait to continue sharing it throughout my life! 

See you Friday!

Love,
Sister Herring

Mexican food!
Willie and Karen Campbell!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment